Eri's Reviews > A Study in Scarlet Women

A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas

tw: pedophilia

This book slowly creeped up on me, and despite hearing lovely things about it, I was initially apprehensive at how much I would connect with the narrative.

Fast forward to my finishing this novel, I can clearly say I immensely enjoy this series and how it's been set up as well as the subtle odes to the original Sherlock Holmes novels, except there are infinitely more women in the cast of the Lady Sherlock series.

As well as being witty and clever in the mysteries and suspects involved, I greatly admire how clearly articulated the logic of Charlotte is written in the book as well. In fact, I think I might find her more likable than the original Sherlock, as I often find retelling and inspired stories have the chance to give characters more depth beyond the original.

Also, the romance.....I will say it seems like it will quite slow burn, and while it utilizes both my most hated and my most loved tropes, I am completely on board.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Study in Scarlet Women.

January 3, 2019 – Started Reading
January 3, 2019 – Shelved
January 3, 2019 –
25.0% "this is so witty and fun sherlock holmes who I only know a lady sherlock"
January 3, 2019 –
58.0% "I CANT BREATHE THIS BOOK IS TOO MUCH"
80.0% "sherlockian antics!!"