Eliza's Reviews > Brant’s Return

Brant’s Return by Mia Sheridan

15220898

bookshelves: arc, jan-2019

★4 STARS★

Isabelle Farris is a woman who has rebuilt her life after suffering a terrible tragedy. She found solace and therapy in horses and now works as secretary to crotchety horse farm owner, Harry Talbot. She adores the old man and is deeply affected by his terminally ill health. She sees through his grumpy facade and hopes to repay the kindness he has shown her by contacting his estranged son in the anticipation that they may reconcile.

Brant Talbot left Kentucky thirteen years ago and has not once looked back. He’s made a success of himself in the New York bar scene and enjoys the trappings that come along with it. The call from Isabelle is unexpected to say the least; he wants nothing to do with his father but even so, he has his own reasons for going back.

He regards Isabelle with suspicion and the two do not have the best of starts. She thinks him pompous but her aim is to get him to establish a relationship with his father and nothing more. They call an uneasy truce of sorts and it’s only then that Brant realises his hasty unjustified assessment of her.

Brant’s Return is among my favourites of Mia. I’m left with such a wonderful feeling that shows no threat of dissipating. It’s a story to be treasured and encompassed such a wide range of emotions, I absolutely loved reading it. The epilogue gave me goosebumps and I can only hope my reading year ahead is filled with gems such as this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brant’s Return.

January 3, 2019 – Started Reading