⚝ Ŧáẅņá ⚝'s Reviews > Where Demons Fear to Tread

Where Demons Fear to Tread by Stephanie Chong

Jan 21, 2012

liked it

This book was more like 3.5 stars and that's because....hmmm.....

It took me a while to get into it, that's minus .5 star.

Then, it was all self-sacrificing and I guess I should have expected that because it's about angels and demons, but it really bugs me for some reason when they are being mean to be self-sacrificing, so that's minus a whole star. For example (view spoiler)

I did like the coercion tactics displayed by the demon, duh he's a demon and he's gonna do something like that! I liked that the other demon was tricky about the promises he made, slick wording will get you everywhere. I liked that the story was told from the different perspectives so we knew how each of them were thinking.

Almost everything was wrapped up in this story and it does leave an opening for a second book, but it didn't seem entirely necessary(if the last paragraph wasn't there we woulda just thought that character was in hell). I will read the next book, probably wont be anxiously awaiting it like some others, but I will want to see what will happen next eventually.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Demons Fear to Tread.

January 21, 2012 – Shelved
January 24, 2012 – Started Reading
January 24, 2012 –
page 70
19.55% "I like it so far, but not enough to keep me away from playing a new game I just got."
January 25, 2012 –
page 275
76.82% "the game sucked so i went back to the book and now i don't want to put it down! but alas, work is getting busy"
January 25, 2012 – Finished Reading