Anum Hashim's Reviews > Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

U 50x66

liked it

I was intrigued by this book, and as I started it, I thought I'd enjoy it. The voice it's written in is light, and almost blog-like, which makes it a light read.
The book was separated into different chapters that are "lies" we tell ourselves and each chapter ends with some tips that Rachel uses to overcome them.
I often do enjoy reading about people's journeys, and how they overcome challenges. Rachel Hollis did talk about these, but they seemed to be very on the surface. I would have liked her to deep dive into the challenges she faced, rather than only present the solution, so that we could get more in her head.
There were a few chapters that didn't apply to me because it was her challenges in motherhood and adoption.
Overall, although the message of the book seemed to be uplifting, it didn't quite resonate with me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl, Wash Your Face.

January 2, 2019 – Shelved