Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Cowboy Bold

Cowboy Bold by Carolyn Brown

Cowboy Bold is book one in the Longhorn Canyon series by Carolyn Brown

This novel was my first experience with Carolyn Brown’s writing. I’d heard some good things about this book and others in the series. I started with book one; because I’m a reader who perfumes to read a series in order if I can and also because I won a copy of this novel.

Now the book wasn't bad and I didn't have any issues with anything in the story. The only thing that I had trouble with was myself and not being able to get into the story. It was slow, dull, and their was no action or suspense and really nothing to keep me interested. I’d pick up the book read a chapter, seat it down, and then do it again the next day. I just couldn’t get into the novel. I think I'm learning that I need to have something like action or suspense or a little drama in my contemporary reads or they just don't capture me and keep my interest.

Cowboy Bold was not the book for me. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

Rated: DNF - Stopped reading at 29% Page 96.

**Note: I won a copy!

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy Bold.

January 2, 2019 – Started Reading
January 12, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-print-only-challenge
January 12, 2019 – Shelved as: dnf-did-not-finish
January 12, 2019 – Shelved as: gift-or-won-books
January 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Ty! For your honest review angela!😉💖

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Ty! For your honest review angela!😉💖"

You are welcome!