Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡'s Reviews > Violent Delights

Violent Delights by Jessica Hawkins

20997898

bookshelves: arc, favourite

“This is a game, Natalia, and you have to play—or you’ll lose. Learn your lesson should someone care enough to teach you. And never doubt that you are a prize to hold tight.”

On a whim, I decided to sign up to read this because despite my savage hatred towards love triangles, I have an unhealthy obsession with dark cartel and mafia romances. Watching the intricacies weave together into an intriguing and captivating narrative leaves me undeniably ecstatic for all the sordid possibilities—my head is filled with multiple theories and assumptions! I have many thoughts running through my mind, with a myriad of questions accompanying them waiting to be answered.

“The truth is in you like a heart. Like blood in your veins. Like bones.”

I’m not quite certain what to mention, or where to begin really, other than this story is beautifully bitter and tragically sweet with an innocent Natalia caught within a feud between two disgruntled brothers, Diego and Cristiano, who couldn’t be anymore different. One’s kind, hiding behind a cleverly disguised facade; the other is darker, unapologetically ruthless and merciless with a cold, but brilliant persona. I knew where my heart would align itself before this even began.

Read this with an open mind as your allegiances will be challenged by certain enigmas and despite the disgusting albeit delightful love triangle moments, this is sinfully decadent and wonderfully enchanting. Violent Delights is quickly forming into a favourite delicious slow burn forbidden romance of mine, a perfect beginning to what will become an enthralling trilogy brimming with deceitful actions and manipulative words.

“With me, you always have a choice. You're not beholden to my wishes, but I hope you'll still carry them on your wings and deliver them for me.”

Without an ounce of doubt, I'm entranced by this suspense filled, all-consuming narrative that sends your heart beating tenfold and your emotions soaring as the cunning deception and shrewd scheming overflows across the pages. If you love cartel settings; two, competitive brothers irrevocably different, vying for the same woman's attention and affection; a romance darker and gritter than standard, pick this up. Hold onto your wits and emotions—Jessica Hawkins doesn't hold back!

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Violent Delights.

January 2, 2019 – Shelved
January 2, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
March 17, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
March 18, 2019 – Started Reading
March 18, 2019 –
March 19, 2019 –
March 20, 2019 –
48.0% "100% TEAM CRISTIANO"
March 22, 2019 – Shelved as: favourite
March 22, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Following your blog!! Luv it by the way xox

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "Following your blog!! Luv it by the way xox"

Thank you so much, Kat! ❤️