Lisazj1's Reviews > Fence #8

Fence #8 by C.S. Pacat

4.5 stars, review is for the whole of volume 1, as I had read the whole thing before I knew it. And now I have to wait for more. *sigh, story of my friggin life, waiting for a book, LOL*

Really enjoyed this, much more than I expected. This was basically my first experience with a graphic novel, though I did read comics aeons ago when I was young. Also, I'm not counting skimming through my son's Naruto or Dragonball Z books. I wasn't exactly interested in those.

This hooked me fast, and after this first episode, I went ahead and bought them all (thank goodness the first volume was done!) and it felt like I finished them in the blink of an eye. No real relationships yet, but oh the groundwork is laid for things to be mighty complicated in several directions later.

Same for angst though that has the potential to be pretty damn explosive as well. And I'm not going to lie, the pretty graphics totally pulled me in as well. I've always been visual but it impacted the story more than I expected it to. Awesome way to finish out 2018 reading, trying something new, though I expected nothing less than awesome from C.S. Pacat.

Now I wait for Volume 2. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fence #8.

December 31, 2018 – Started Reading