Nawnee's Reviews > The Trouble with Spells

The Trouble with Spells by Lacey Weatherford

Jan 20, 2012

I really liked the plot, the connection between the main characters, and the paranormal. This is a YA book but it didn't get on my nerves with the teenage drama it all seemed necessarily to the plot. How she describes the connection between the lead characters is great intense love unlike any other. I'm not sure if this helped the story or not since most 16 year old girls feel that intense I'm going to die if you leave me love, this didn't make the main characters romance stand out as special to me, just seemed like high school hormone drama. The binding they did together did move them into a group of more obsessive, or at least it could have moved that way but the author actually seemed to find a good balance so that this didn't end up as creepy or weird.
There were times when I thought that the pacing was perfect, but then when all this weird stuff starts to happen around them and they've been preparing for the worst this whole time it just seemed odd that they wouldn't be concerned about the huge changes in her best friend.
So all the bad stuff just drops on them out of no where which seemed weird when he was surrounded by a coven that should have been protecting him. I did enjoy the story and I probably will look into the second one. I over all like the characters in this book and I'm hoping with the second one that the writer will have hit a groove, making the story more believable. I'm hoping to see these characters grow into something more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trouble with Spells.

January 20, 2012 – Started Reading