Maria's Reviews > One for the Money

7208222
Jan 20, 2012

bookshelves: 2012

** spoiler alert ** Plot Summary:
Stephanie Plum, an unemployed lingerie buyer, applies for a filing job with her cousin Vinnie, a bail bondsman. Vinnie's assistant, Connie, tells her the job is taken, but suggests she start apprehending some clients who have skipped out on their bonds, starting with Joe Morelli, vice cop and onetime sexual acquaintance of Stephanie. He is wanted for murder one. Stephanie is in financial trouble, and wants to take the job, as she will get a percentage of the $10,000 bail bond, so she blackmails Vinnie into employing her, by threatening to reveal his use of a duck for sexual gratification. In trying to find Morelli, Plum attracts the attention of a heavyweight boxer involved in the murders of several women.

My Review:
Loved it! I saw the upcoming movie trailer and thought about reading it before seeing the movie, but wasn't 100% crazy about it. Then as I was thinking of what to read next my sister-in-law suggests the series to me. 18 books is a lot for a series so I figured Ms. Evanovish must be doing something right.

I loved how she kept the book moving right along - it was a very fast paced read. Plenty of laugh out loud humor. I also loved how descriptive she was when mentioning the characters...I felt very creeped out just by her deacription of Ramirez. And I must say that I did not see the twist coming.

This book was originally published in 1994, so it was kind of neat to see how date the book was. Instead of cell phones, there was a car phone - oh and please watch the charges lol. Instead of voicemail it was answering machines. I like it.

All in all I thought it was a really funny, light read. I plan on reading the rest of the series soon and think you should too.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One for the Money.

Amanda Medford So glad you like the Stephanie Plum series!! All of the books are funny and fast-paced just like the first one. Stephanie's character and her family crack me up! It made me want to be a bounty hunter!