Jenn's Reviews > Wicked

Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I would give this book 3.5 stars. It was somewhere between a book that I liked and a book that I *really* liked.

I really do like a romance that had some sassy banter between the characters, and this had that. However, there were times that I felt that Ren came on too strongly and was a little too obsessed with bedding Ivy. He's supposed to be a warrior/soldier type and I would assume that he would have more discipline than he displays verbally. The other part that knocked it down in enjoyment for me, just a little, was that the actress who performed the audiobook really didn't have a good pitch for the male voice. It just made some of the whack-ass things that Ren was saying sound that much more ridiculous.

I did like the world that was built and can see a lot of potential in the side characters, although they weren't fleshed out as much as I would like. However, we have a couple more books in this series, so there may be more to come.

I may have to buy an ebook or physical copy, just so I can write down some of these crazy lines. Then use them to judge any future boyfriends by. As a negative example of how *not* to win a girl's heart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked.

January 1, 2019 – Started Reading