Kristen's Reviews > Outlander

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Jan 20, 2012

bookshelves: favorites

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outlander.

Quotes Kristen Liked

Diana Gabaldon
“For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary”

Diana Gabaldon
“I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have.”

Diana Gabaldon
“Oh, aye, Sassenach. I am your master . . . and you're mine. Seems I canna possess your soul without losing my own.”

Diana Gabaldon
“When I asked my da how ye knew which was the right woman, he told me when the time came, I'd have no doubt. And I didn't. When I woke in the dark under that tree on the road to Leoch, with you sitting on my chest, cursing me for bleeding to death, I said to myself 'Jamie Fraser, for all ye canna see what she looks like, and for all she weights as much as a good draft horse, this is the woman.”

“Ye are Blood of my Blood, and Bone of my Bone,
I give ye my Body, that we Two might be One.
I give ye my Spirit, 'til our Life shall be Done.”

Diana Gabaldon
“Ye werena the first lass I kissed," he said softly. "But I swear you'll be the last.”

Diana Gabaldon
“I meant it, Claire,' he said quietly. 'My life is yours. And it's yours to decide what we shall do, where we go next. To France, to Italy, even back to Scotland. My heart has been yours since first I saw ye, and you've held my soul and body between your two hands here, and kept them safe. We shall go as ye say.”

Diana Gabaldon
“Does it ever stop? The wanting you?" "Even when I've just left ye. I want you so much my chest feels tight and my fingers ache with wanting to touch ye again.”