carrie thackston's Reviews > Shark's Instinct

Shark's Instinct by Bethany Maines

U 50x66

This book was so good and flowed so well that it was over before I was ready. I loved how it was irreverent and funny. It was so easy to start because the author just sort of dove in with the action and angles and I was invested from the beginning. Shark is freshly out of prison and trying to live. He doesn't dwell on the time spent there, he just goes with the flow. Peri is a very young girl that is apparently a very old soul. It's hard to imagine her only being 17, so the age difference between them and the kissing didn't bother me. She knows how the world works and fixes problems most adults couldn't. I loved the interactions between the two and it seems they are two sides of the same coin. I liked Trey even though we didn't get a lot of him, I was still rooting for him to accomplish his dreams. I can't forget Marco. I think he could turn out to be the most loyal guy, the betrayer you never saw coming, or the actual boss behind the boss. I'm very interested to see what happens next. Amazing read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shark's Instinct.

Finished Reading