Karen's Reviews > Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life

Ikigai by Hector Garcia Puigcerver

190448

did not like it

I bought this book back in February of 2018. I had just heard about Ikigai and wanted to learn more about it. At the time I bought this one on audio and Awakening Your Ikigai for my kindle. I was in Sydney for a work trip and decided to read the print book first. I loved it. Even though the book didn't really tell me all that I wanted, I highlighted so much of it.

So I was looking forward to starting 2019 with a reminder on what I love so much about the concept. Alas, this book didn't do it for me. If you've never read any books around the topics mentioned here, this book might appeal to you but as someone who'd already read Man's Search for Meaning and already familiar with concepts of Flow, there wasn't much in this book for me. It felt like it jumped back and forth and it even managed to annoy me in certain places.

Depending on where you are in your journey this book might work for you but if you're going to read one book on this topic, I'd recommend Awakening Your Ikigai over this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ikigai.

December 31, 2018 – Started Reading