Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Bear Essentials

Bear Essentials by Novalee Swan

5 Stars
Holy moly... this book! It was the best of the series thus far and one of my favorite shifter books to date.

I literally waited a long time for this book. After reading the other books in the series, I was excited for this one the most. Unfortunately, it took a while to cross my path and even then, it was by coincidence. Doesn't matter though because I thought it was worth the wait. I love all the characters in this series but Conner and Lily are my favorites so far. I can't give one specific reason as to why that is, only that I loved them so much.

The writing is done well. The pace is good and the sexy scenes are hot! Yep, I wanted to be Lily in those moments. Lily was very shy. Truth is, I would say more wary than shy. And she had good reasons. There are definitely some dark elements in this book and some might feel triggered by them.

Connor was so good for Lily, a great match of "opposites attract." Although I will say that while Connor was quiet and maybe shy when it came to Lily, when it was necessary, his beast came forward to love and protect her.

If you haven't read the previous books in this series, I do recommend that. Yes, this book can be read as a standalone, however, I think you will enjoy the story more, especially having already met the several characters from past books that are present in this one.

We were given a bit of a teaser as to what's to come in the next book. I really hope that will come out sooner rather than later.

This is my honest and unbiased review. Thank you for taking the time to read it. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bear Essentials.

January 1, 2019 – Shelved
January 1, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 2, 2019 – Started Reading
January 4, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Patrice (new)

Patrice Fantastic review! Thanks, I think I will have to look into this series. I love "shifter" stories.