Linda's Reviews > Sleight of Hand

Sleight of Hand by Julie Rowe

Absolutely fantastic book! Books like this is why I read & keep on reading. I read it in 1 sitting because once I started it, I couldn’t put it down. It was that good. Action, suspense coupled with the human emotional aspect kept me glued to the pages.

Both the characters of Gunner and Joy are capable, driven people who are good at their work, live for their work and neither take nor give any BS. Both have their demons, and suffer from PSTD. Joy is a former army nurse and combat medic while Gunner volunteered with Doctors Without Borders and both had seen the worst of humanity and unspeakable pain and suffering.

Paired together when Gunner terrifies away yet another (his 2nd) partner, they rub along well. Nicknamed Mr Grumpy for his attitude, Gunner is totally adorable in all honesty. He can’t abide idiots, politicians and incompetence and doesn’t sugar coat his manner. There is the little issue about needing coffee 1st thing in the morning in order to be human. I love they way they watched each other’s backs and instinctively knew when the other was starting to unravel. And the humour! Wonderful, dry wit that had me grinning and even laughing out loud.

Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleight of Hand.

December 31, 2018 – Shelved