Tina Haigler's Reviews > The Cat in the Hat

The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss

bookshelves: classics, kids, poetry

This book is a classic and there is absolutely nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by countless reviewers. You really can't go wrong with Dr. Seuss, and there's a reason people from all generations are familiar with this book. This book is, put quite simply, just tons of fun to read. It doesn't matter if you are a child or an adult. Almost all of the words are sight words, so it's easy enough to read for beginners. The story is wonderfully silly, and there's a great rhythm to the rhymes that is characteristic of Dr. Seuss' books. I would highly recommend this for children 4 to 8, but it's also great practice for older kids who need help recognizing and learning rhythm in poetry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cat in the Hat.

December 31, 2018 – Started Reading
December 31, 2018 – Shelved
December 31, 2018 – Shelved as: classics
December 31, 2018 – Shelved as: kids
December 31, 2018 – Finished Reading
July 12, 2019 – Shelved as: poetry

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Krakovsky The cops should carry a copy of this and instead of using a breath analyzer make the person who they stopped for a DUI try to read it!

Tina Haigler Joe wrote: "The cops should carry a copy of this and instead of using a breath analyzer make the person who they stopped for a DUI try to read it!"

Rofl! That's perfect! Now that I think on it, that's also a great party idea. I bet that would be hilarious!