Alexia Adams's Reviews > The Thief and the Rogue

The Thief and the Rogue by Rachel Donnelly

I’m a huge fan of Rachel Donnelly’s medieval romances so thought I’d try her Regency book. I enjoyed the story and read it in one day. Kay is a free-spirited girl who was raised in the country by two uncles that she’s learned to manipulate to get what she wants. Hunter is the Duke of Wallshire who’s reputation was damaged when a scheming woman attempted to trap him in marriage. As a result, he trusts no woman, especially one he suspects of breaking into his house to steal an important letter. Of course these two opposites end up married as Hunter tries to protect Kay from the machinations of a ruthless family. The bantering goes back and forth as each tries to gain the upper hand in their relationship. Kay finds Hunter not as easy to manipulate as her uncles and Hunter has to learn that not all women are scheming harridans. Well written with touches of humor and poignancy, this is a book that will delight fans of historical romance. 4.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thief and the Rogue.

December 30, 2018 – Started Reading