Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Egomaniac

Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

Easy, breezy read

I primarily read romantic suspense and/or dark romance, but every now and then I really need a contemporary romance to give myself a break from the heavy reads and cleanse my palate. And this worked great for that.
I liked the cocky/arrogant attitude (but was it REALLY arrogance, or something else entirely?) of Drew against the wholesome midwestern ways of Emerie. He was hardened, throwing himself into work and keeping everyone (especially women) at arms' length. Or further.
She was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, fresh into town from Oklahoma and clueless about NYC. She was, and had been for the past three years, in unrequited love hell. Throw them together and shake for at least 30 seconds.
I enjoyed the slow burn of this book. Oh, but slow burns are so satisfying. Both were reluctant to admit to feelings for different reasons. Or, well, the same reason but manifested in two ways. After they finally pull their heads out of their rear ends and start acting like the full-grown adults that they are we finally get somewhere! And that somewhere is an extended ticket to pound town. My favorite book destination.
I thought the incorporation of the emotional elements was done well with this book. I really enjoyed the scenes with Beck. The reveal of the secret that Drew initially keeps from Emerie about it tugged at my heart. Hard. I can't imagine being in that situation. No wonder he had hangups about women after that whole situation.
All in all, I got what I needed from this read. I wanted a contemporary romance with an HEA, a hot, arrogant hero, and smoking smexy times. Check!
This wasn't my favorite from this author, but that's only because she has some other really dynamite books that I happen to like more. I do recommend this one for a contemporary romance read.

Find me at:
Facebook: https://fb.me/amandamariereads
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amanda_mari...
Blog: http://amandamariereads.blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Egomaniac.

December 30, 2018 – Shelved