Tori Ward's Reviews > Something Special

Something Special by S. Massery

liked it

** spoiler alert ** I was excited to get my hands on this because the blurb sounded interesting. I though the plot was solid and found it interesting the author stuck with the random meeting storyline.
I would have given this book 5 stars if it wasn’t for the background. In this book the main character flashes back to her past and while I understand it was important to show her past and how it shaped her now, I found it a bit graphic. There is a decent amount of sexual abuse in this book and it’s not just one or two times but multiple. In the blurb the author warns that there is sexual abuse but there is straight up rape this book. It was a bit hard for me to read only because the flashbacks were constant throughout the book. And they were very graphic. Just a warning to those who want to read.
I also found Avery a very confusing character. I just did not understand him at all. One minute he is nice and sweet and then the next he switches and yells. We don’t really get to see his past, which also confused me. If we get to see Charlottes’ past why not his?

*honest review in exchange for an advanced copy *

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Special.

Started Reading