Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Broken

Broken by W.  Winters

Dark and suspenseful

I was torn between four and five stars. While I thought this book was great, it was not quite as great as her book Merciless, one of my short list of five-star reads. I'm tough with my five-star reviews, but I imagine this would be a five-star read to many.
There are few authors who can keep me flying through a book with no lulls, no boring sections, but Willow Winters sure is one of those authors. I have yet to find my mind wandering reading her books, never struggled to finish any of her stories. With every book I find myself ignoring my life/staying up all night/etc. to read just a LITTLE bit more.
This book was no different. I loved the characters, especially Andrew. If a spinoff/sequel ever happens... please, let it be about him.
The story of these two lovers isn't pretty. It isn't sweet. It wouldn't be considered a traditional romance by any remote stretch of the imagination. It is dark. It is gritty. It is about a good man and a good woman who are both in a bad situation. Unfortunately that situation is considerably harder for her since she is in the dark about what is going on, but he tries to make it easier on her. He tells her what he can, and swears to protect her. And quite frankly, the alternative to being with him would have been FAR worse.
So, yes... the naysayers will say "he is abusive to her!" To which I say, just keep reading. You've got to make it to the end to really pass judgement.
Another excellent read from this author. As per the usual. Keep 'em coming, Willow Winters!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken.

December 30, 2018 – Shelved