Melanie's Reviews > Song of My Heart

Song of My Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Jan 19, 2012

bookshelves: review-books

When Sadie Wagner arrives in Goldtree, Kansas, the only person she knows is Sid Wagner - her cousin, though not by blood.

Awkwardness arises between them when it becomes known that Sid has feelings for Sadie that are more than friendship. Sadie doesn't have the same feelings for Sid, though, and when she starts spending time with Thad McKane (the new sheriff), Sid becomes jealous and angry.

Love starts blooming between Sadie and Thad, but will circumstances stand in their way of love?

Pretty much throughout the entire story it was known who the bootlegger was, and the whole bootlegger aspect of the story didn't really interest me.

While I did enjoy most of Song of My Heart's story, it didn't really grab my attention until mid-way to late in the book. I really liked Thad's character and seeing him grow - both in his goals in life and faith.

I loved how grace and mercy was shown (and talked about) in Song of My Heart - that was one of my favorite things in the book.

I would have liked it if there would have been an epilogue telling what certain people thought of a certain thing (not going to say who or what), but maybe there will be a sequel....

Overall, it was a good book that I enjoyed reading. I recommend it if you enjoy historical novels!

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher via Litfuse for my review. I was not required to give a positive review, only my honest opinion - which I've done. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Song of My Heart.

January 19, 2012 – Shelved
January 31, 2012 – Shelved as: review-books
March 5, 2012 – Started Reading
page 15
page 15
4.31% "Interesting first chapter! :D"
page 25
page 53
15.23% "Good story!"
page 59
page 63
page 75
page 89
25.57% "Good, but not great yet... hope the story picks up soon."
March 8, 2012 – Finished Reading