Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*'s Reviews > Invisible

Invisible by Paul Auster

Jan 19, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, disturbing, fiction-lit

To say I liked this book, or even enjoyed it, would be saying too much. But I thought it was good, which is why I'm giving it four stars. It was good, even though I found nothing and no one within the pages likable or sympathetic. Actually, a lot of it was disturbing. Thinking a book is good while at the same time disliking it is not an experience I've had often, if ever. I have no desire ever to revisit this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invisible.

Started Reading
January 1, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 19, 2012 – Shelved
January 24, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012
January 24, 2012 – Shelved as: disturbing
January 24, 2012 – Shelved as: fiction-lit

Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin* I saw you're reading this, and I hope you enjoy it! Can't wait to see your thought. :)

Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin* *thoughts. Presumably you'll have more than one, lol.

Nenia ✨ Queen of Literary Trash, Protector of Out-of-Print Gems, Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Mother of Smut, the Unrepentant, Breaker of Convention ✨ Campbell So far it really reminds me of THE GREAT GATSBY. I love the writing style. It's very fluid and beautiful and compelling. IT BETTER STAY THAT WAY, THOUGH, BECAUSE I AM FUCKING TIRED OF BEING BURNED.

Gregory I think you touched on exactly why I enjoyed Invisible, which is because I was uneasy and uncomfortable. Not everything has to be pleasant to be enjoyable. I agree, it was certainly disturbing.

Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin* I agree, not everything has to be that way. I certainly wouldn't want it to be. :)