Karyl's Reviews > Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats

Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon Morell

Jan 19, 2012

bookshelves: library-reads, interlibrary-loans, 2012
Read from January 19 to 21, 2012

I really enjoyed this book. Fallon does an excellent job of refuting most of what we are taught by the government and has plenty of research to back her up. I was most surprised by her assertion that vegetable oils can be very hazardous to our health, and now she has me wanting to investigate cooking with more butter, animal fats, and coconut oils. The recipes she present sound quite tasty. I can't get on board with giving up coffee completely, but as with many things, moderation is key. I do appreciate the way Fallon points out that extreme diets are never a good idea; I feel that we Americans are looking for the one quick way to solve all our health issues, and if one extreme diet can do that, we jump right on. I look forward to incorporating her ideas into my diet, especially where it comes to fermented foods.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nourishing Traditions.