Julie's Reviews > The Uncompromising Lord Flint

The Uncompromising Lord Flint by Virginia Heath

bookshelves: 2019, e-book, historical-romance, harlequin

The Uncompromising Lord Flint by Virginia Heath is a 2019 Mills & Boon/ Harlequin Historical publication.

I’ve only recently discovered Virginia Heath and must say I’m very impressed with her writing. This book helped solidify her reputation for me. The story grabbed my attention right from the beginning and kept me entertained from start to finish!!

Lady Jessamine Fane lived in France since childhood, when her mother left her father for Comte de Saint-Aubin-de-Scellon. After her mother died, Jessamine was forced to work for St. Aubin, who is a part of an elaborate spy ring, or face his cruel wrath. Now, she is being transported back to London, where she will probably stand trial for treason.

Lord Peter Flint is a member of the King’s Elite, where he’s developed a rigid, uncompromising fortitude in his loyal service to the Crown. After a hard lesson learned, Flint is especially wary of female prisoners. However, he makes sure Jessamine comes to no harm and is treated well while in his care. However, Jessamine is far more cunning than Peter could have guessed, becoming an unlikely asset to him. However, her life could now be in danger. Is Jessamine guilty or innocent? Can Peter trust her, or she him?

Peter and Jessamine are both well drawn characters, and I could see both sides of the equation, which gives the story an emotional and compelling complexity. Trust and faith are key points in the story, as both Peter and Jessamine must decide if the risk is worth taking, with so much at stake.

The conclusion is a tad bit rushed, but other than that, I’m starting off on a good roll with my historical romance novels in 2019. This story is full of intrigue, mystery, and adventure and was a pleasure to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Uncompromising Lord Flint.

December 29, 2018 – Started Reading
December 29, 2018 – Shelved
December 29, 2018 – Shelved as: 2019
December 29, 2018 – Shelved as: e-book
December 29, 2018 – Shelved as: historical-romance
December 29, 2018 – Shelved as: harlequin
January 4, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Glad you are finding yourself enjoying this author’s writing, Julie ;) Nice to always be entertained from beginning to end. Wonderful review!! 😘❤️

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Lovely review Julie, I have this one in my TBR pile. I'm happy to see it was a winner! :)

Julie KAS wrote: "Glad you are finding yourself enjoying this author’s writing, Julie ;) Nice to always be entertained from beginning to end. Wonderful review!! 😘❤️"

Thank you, KAS!! 😊💖😊

Julie Sandra wrote: "Lovely review Julie, I have this one in my TBR pile. I'm happy to see it was a winner! :)"

Thank you, Sandra!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!! 😊💖😊

message 5: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Terrific review Julie! I’m happy to see you’ve found an author to enjoy. 😘💕

Julie Nicola wrote: "Terrific review Julie! I’m happy to see you’ve found an author to enjoy. 😘💕"

Thank you, Nicola!! 😊💖😊

message 7: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Awesome review Julie!😉💖

Julie Kat wrote: "Awesome review Julie!😉💖"

Thank you, Kat!! 😊💖😊

message 9: by Fran (new)

Fran Great review, Julie!

Julie Fran wrote: "Great review, Julie!"

Thank you, Fran!! 😊

message 11: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Terrific review as ever Julie 💕

Julie Maureen wrote: "Terrific review as ever Julie 💕"

Thank you, Maureen!! 😊😊

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Carter Fab review Julie 😊 Nice to hear you've discovered a new author Xx

Julie Rebecca wrote: "Fab review Julie 😊 Nice to hear you've discovered a new author Xx"

Thank you, Rebecca!! 😊💖😊

message 15: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Excellent review Julie!🤗💕

Julie Kaceey - Traveling Sister wrote: "Excellent review Julie!🤗💕"

Thank you, Kaceey!! 😊💖😊