Kathy - Books & Munches's Reviews > Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald: The Original Screenplay

Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald by J.K. Rowling

bookshelves: read-in-2019

I'm honestly glad I read this after seeing the movie, purely because reading this equals replaying the movie in my mind. Sure, it limits using your own imagination but I didn't really care about that?

In any case, I enjoyed reading it. I loved the graphics as well.
The only thing I wasn't too keen on are the border graphics on every. single. page. They made it too crowded and distracting at times, to be honest.

All in all, enjoyed reading it but definitely love the movie better.

To be honest, I'd love to see these screenplays in ordinary book format.. I'm sure I'd enjoy those way more?

4 / 5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald.

November 11, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
November 11, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
December 29, 2018 – Shelved
December 29, 2018 – Shelved as: owned-tbr
February 8, 2019 – Started Reading
February 8, 2019 –
page 36
12.54% "This is so much like.. reading the movie so far? Feels weird. 😂"
February 8, 2019 –
page 48
16.72% "You don't seek power or popularity. You simply ask, is the thing right in itself? If it is, then I must do it, no matter the cost."
February 9, 2019 – Finished Reading
February 10, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by JonJuniper (new)

JonJuniper I felt like the movie almost skipped some parts and dragged out others that were not that important! Almost as if they tried to put 2 movies into 1 with to much exposition. Was the pacing better in the book? Might be hard to say if you didn't have any problem with the pacing of the movie!