Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > Lies and Other Acts of Love

Lies and Other Acts of Love by Kristy Woodson Harvey

1962503

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, audiobook, romantic-fiction

I did find it strange that everyone else calls it feelgood, sweet and all those fuzzy feelings. I found it rather depressing at times with all the cheating and heartache. And at the same time it was so sweet and filled with Church, and I was all, how are these perfect Christians?

To the book then, it had two POVS. I felt Lovey had the bigger part and Annabelle was in the shadow at times. I also felt that Lovey's big secret never truly was dealt with and I got angry at her in the end for not telling the truth. I also hated how she and her husband had to wait forever to get married, and that they loved each other so much! And still (view spoiler)

Annabelle was, sigh, well I did like her, but the more I so of her the more this felt like she was living in the 50s. She was 22, about to get married, ditched him and married someone else. She was said to always keep another man in the wings so she could move on the next day. Because her entire life was built around men and she could not live if a man did not take care of her. I felt sorry for her then, without a man she was nothing. She also wanted to please her man at every time. (view spoiler)

No other grandkids came to visit Lovey. It was always aunts and Annabelle. Where were they all? The aunts had such a big part and I have no idea about other kids or siblings.

Also, well, too much Church talk. How he guides the way and blah blah. Omg you are all cheaters and liars. I just can not do overly religious books. Do not even get me started on Priest Charming,

Narrator Janet Metzger
She saved this book. I liked her Lovey voice, and her Ann. She really brought the charm

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies and Other Acts of Love.

December 29, 2018 – Started Reading
December 29, 2018 – Shelved
December 31, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 2, 2019 – Shelved as: fiction
January 2, 2019 – Shelved as: audiobook
January 2, 2019 – Shelved as: romantic-fiction

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Christi *SPOILERS*

Yes! I was very frustrated with this story, too. Annabelle definitely needed to be on her own for a while. She had no ambition or goals for herself. Even the baby was for Ben. But of course she is swooped up by the priest and proposed to at her grandfather's funeral?

Then Lovey drops the paternity twist, revealing that she accepts that her husband cheated, they need to adopt the baby and then move that very night. But don't talk about it again. After the entire first part of the book was all about true love, Christian living and family...what a hypocrite.

Blodeuedd Finland Christi wrote: "*SPOILERS*

Honestly if I had read it I would have stopped, audio saved it, but those things annoyed me SO much