Pin's Reviews > Alone

Alone by E.J. Noyes

Gold is still my favorite by Noyes, but Alone is not too far behind. It is a kind of psychological romance with some dark undertones, but not dark in its essence. On the contrary, it is essentially positive and motivating. It is different and weird, but in a good way. It is emotional in a big way. We can be angry, afraid, ashamed, angsty, crazy and happy along with the protagonist Celeste. We can laugh and cry with her. We can even hear voices in our head. All of that we can experience in this eccentric romantic story thanks to the great imagination and great writing skills of the author.
Alone (about 93,000 words) is written in first person present tense (just like Ask, Tell), from the point of view of Celeste. I consider it a good choice regarding the theme of the story. The same applies to the somewhat slower pace.
I can not wait to see what Noyes will serve us next. I am even unsettled a little. ;) With her vivid mind and imagination, who knows. LOL
Highly recommended.

March 24, 2019
*A review copy of this book was provided by the publisher.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alone.

December 29, 2018 – Shelved
Started Reading
March 24, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

Corrie Evocative review, Pin. Can't wait for Alone to be published!

Agirlcandream Great review, Pin. This one has me anticipating release date big time.

message 3: by Pin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pin Thanks, Corrie and AGCD! :) I think you won't be disappointed.

Diane Wallace Great review, Pin ;)

Gaby LezReviewBooks Superb review, Pin. I loved the 'dark undertones' description. I've just finished reading it and I agree 100% with you.

message 6: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo reece im really looking forward to this one

Bethany Great review! I loved this one too :)

message 8: by Lex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lex Kent Wonderful review Pin! :) Noyes keeps putting out hits!

message 9: by Pin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pin Thank you, ladies! :)
Noyes excels in showing the psychological side of romantic relationships and most readers appreciate that. Kudos to her!

Arien Can't wait for this to come out! Nice review, Pin. :)

Carrie Good review. Release date can't come soon enough.

message 12: by Tere (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tere All over this one when comes out!

message 13: by Penelope (new) - added it

Penelope Definitely want to read this. I am sure Noyes won't disappoint. Thanks for the great review. :)

message 14: by Pin (last edited Mar 25, 2019 08:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pin Thank you all! :)
I'm reading a new book and still thinking about Alone. That says it all.

message 15: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Fantastic review, Pin

message 16: by JulesGP (new) - added it

JulesGP Pin, very good review. I’m excited.

message 17: by lov2laf (new) - added it

lov2laf Great review!

message 18: by Pin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pin Thank you, Sandra, Jules and lov2laf :)

message 19: by Luce (new) - added it

Luce You've convinced me! I wasn't sure about this one. Whew. Its not available until May. I wish I read faster because I have way to many already purchased books that I need to read. Because in all likelihood I'd drop them when this is available.

message 20: by Pin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pin Luce, my own-to-be-read pile/folder of ebooks stands at 500+ and is mercilessly growing. I'm a lost cause in that department. LOL I reread a lot so I also wish to read faster. And I already have an urge to reread Alone. A lost cause, I tell you. :D

message 21: by lov2laf (new) - added it

lov2laf Luce wrote: "You've convinced me! I wasn't sure about this one. Whew. Its not available until May. I wish I read faster because I have way to many already purchased books that I need to read. Because in all lik..."

I'm on a kick to read what I already own too, Luce. I have too many reads and not enough time. It's not going so well. lol