Randy's Reviews > No Safe Place

Jan 19, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: red-maple, ya
Read on January 19, 2012

Three teenagers with three stories from three different countries end up on a boat trying to make its way across the English Channel. As they move forward, their background leading to the predicament in which they find themselves, becomes more clear. Abdul, Cheslav and Rosalia have no one on whom to depend. They have been trying too hard to survive on their own. Will England offer them refuge?

I picked this book up because it is a 2012 Red Maple nominee and I have liked the previous books that Deborah Ellis has written. She looks at issues in the world and then tells the stories of children from within those issues.

I finished it because the writing is good.

I would recommend this to Larisa and Ms. Schoemer. They would like the social justice aspects behind the characters stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Safe Place.

01/19/2012 page 20
9.0% "She has a way of writing great first lines. This book's is reminiscent of "Looking for X"."