Sarah's Reviews > One Last Prayer for the Rays

One Last Prayer for the Rays by Wes Markin

bookshelves: fiction

The story starts off with a bang, literally. From that point on I was hooked.

I have to say I really enjoyed the story line throughout this novel. The Ray family are well known and not for good reason. They have a history of not being so nice and have built up a lot of enemies. I didn’t envy the police one bit trying to find Thomas Ray’s killer especially as there are plenty of suspects.

There are so many unlikable characters throughout this story. Some that are down right evil and others that are just totally psycho. Luckily there are some good people, especially in the police force, which helps balance it out. I have to say the baddies make it so much fun though as I just never knew what they were going to do next.

One Last Prayer For The Rays is a dark and chilling read. There were lots of parts that are left to the imagination that shocked and horrified me but I so enjoyed them all. It’s hard to say to much without spoiling it for other readers but I loved the setting for some of the story as it really did make the hairs on my arms stand up. Can’t wait for more of DCI Michael Yorke and his team. A thoroughly entertaining and addictive read.

My thanks to Rachel at Rachel’s Random Resources for an advanced readers copy of this book. All opinions are my own and not biased in anyway.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Last Prayer for the Rays.

December 28, 2018 – Started Reading