Bonnie's Reviews > Break Out

Break Out by Nina Croft

Jan 18, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: 2011-books, sci-fi, vampires-werewolve-zombies-oh-my, chick-lit-paranormal
Read in February, 2012

The idea of a vampire smuggler in space where the elite have discovered immortality was right up my alley. It sounded like a fun mix of Firefly + Angel. Unfortunately this book suffers from a plot very loosely hung together and paper-thin characters.

Skyler is supposed to be one of the top operatives of an elite security force and yet she can’t keep a thought in her head if Ricardo the Sexy Spanish Vamp is in the room. Seriously, woman. TRY TO HOLD IT TOGETHER FOR LIKE TWO DAYS.

Ricardo was no better as a hero. Even the pivotal break out of the super secure prison was underwhelming and mostly just gave Ricardo more time to comment on how hot Skylar is. I get it. He finds her ridiculously attractive. On the other hand, I never bought that he loved her. He became obsessed with her, yes. But he was a controlling, dangerous, abusive guy and Skylar became his sex toy and doormat. Ricardo was such an unpleasant macho man. And Skylar was so weak and pathetic.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Break Out.

12/14/2016 marked as: read