Charlotte's Reviews > Unbreak My Heart

Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker

This is a beautifully written journey of a young woman working through the weight of her choices.

I HIGHLY recommend this!

Update: It's been several months since I read this and I've struggled with writing this review all along. Why is it so hard to write a review for a book you love so much?

I don't think I will ever do this book justice, I loved it so much. I found it real and emotional and so much of what I want to explain to my teen daughter about friendships, loyalty, family, patience, first loves, and so much more. But I know I can't TELL her all of this...she has to go through it, just like the main character did here.

This was definitely one of the most realistically written stories I've read in YA. I will definitely be recommending this for our teen book clubs and discussion groups.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through Net Galley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbreak My Heart.

January 18, 2012 – Shelved
January 18, 2012 – Shelved as: young-adult
February 21, 2012 – Started Reading
February 22, 2012 –
page 29
12.5% "It's all fine and dandy now but I can feel the angst lurking. :/"
February 24, 2012 –
page 125
53.88% "I'm really enjoying this book so far. Walker has a very soft almost sweet style about her writing."
February 25, 2012 – Shelved as: favorite-ya
February 25, 2012 – Shelved as: february-2012
February 25, 2012 – Finished Reading
June 16, 2012 – Shelved as: arc
July 9, 2017 – Shelved as: recommendations

Fred I have this in my tbr, gonna start today! Loved your status update, I've had that feeling at the beginning of so many books, haha!

Charlotte I hope you like it. I really did. It's a very healthy self discovery book for a teen girl. Great family dynamics and healthy friendships.