Rachel's Reviews > Tails, You Lose

Tails, You Lose by Carol J. Perry

*I received a review copy from the author. All opinions are my own. This review was originally published on RachelPoli.com.

Book Cover

Like the book before it, I enjoy the over. It shows off a lot of what the story entails and the woman on the front is pretty spooky, especially for a paranormal mystery.

First Thoughts

I enjoyed the first book and was eager to read the sequel.

Plot

Lee finds herself in wrapped up in another murder mystery as well as mysteries from the past. With the help of Pete, her detective boyfriend, her aunt, cat, and her students, they come together to unravel the secrets.

I found it interesting that Lee roped her students into the mystery – especially since some of them were questionable. It added a little more to the story since there were more characters to think about.

Characters

I enjoyed revisiting the old characters as well as the new ones. The students acted exactly how students usually do. My only complaint was that Aunt Ibby and O’Ryan, the cat, didn’t seem to be in it as much as they were in the first book. O’Ryan had a big part at the end, but I missed them throughout.

Writing Style

This book is easy to read and the mystery is fairly easy to follow along with. There’s some stuff that happened in the past that was brought up for the present, which, I’ll admit, confused me here or there, but it was overall easy to read and follow along.

Overall

I enjoyed this sequel. It was an interesting tail (sorry, not sorry) and I loved being with the old characters again. I’m looking forward to reading book three.

Favorite Quote:

“Be nice. I’ve heard that he’s pretty much responsible for getting our funding.” – Carol J. Perry, Tails, You Lose

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tails, You Lose.

Started Reading