Chrissie's Reviews > In the Company of the Courtesan

In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant

Jul 06, 2008

bookshelves: hf, italy, kirkus, text-checked, favorites

I totally loved this book. What a story! Pure escapism into a real historical past. Marvelous - such a good story. At the end of the book the author clearly states what is fact and what is fiction. I had already looked up several of the characters and deeds. This book and Wikepedia make history into an engaging story. Five stars.

I have read through page 110. Wonderful entertainment. The reader is pulled into Venice of the 1500s. You are there with the dwarf, the courtesan and the sparkling, mpving water and shimmering lights of that world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Company of the Courtesan.

12/18/2008 page 274
67.99% "I am SO enjoying this! You get immersed in the life of Venice during the 1500s. The facts are correct and the plot is engaging. SO FUN!"
12/21/2016 marked as: read

Emma One of my favourites...

Chrissie Yeah, me too. I do wish I had written a more thorough review. this is my favorite by the author.

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* Sarah Dunant is an amazing author. I have read several of her books over the (pre-GR) years, but have missed this one. Adding it to my mountain range *:D

Chrissie Sandy, I am all over the map with this author, Sarah Dunant.

This book I gave five, but The Birth of Venus I gave two. Sacred Hearts I think will not fit me, but I am considering Blood & Beauty: The Borgias. Do you have a particular favorite?