Kay's Blushing Book Reviews's Reviews > Waiting for You

description

Waiting for You by Jasmine Stevens
GENRE: Australian Rural Romance
NARRATION: Narrative
BOOK DETAILS: Can be read as a Standalone but it is book#1 In the Holbrook Series
RELEASE DATE: 5th Feb 2019

MY REVIEW:
Waiting For You is a warm hearted romance set in rural Australia. Two childhood friends torn apart by tragedy reunited years later as adults.

Charlotte Denver is a journalist in Sydney, the magazine she works for is sponsoring her to renovate her childhood home in Holbrook as a feature article. When Charlotte discovers the editor has booked her old childhood best friend Will Beckett to help her complete the renovations, she must come face to face with all the pain from her tragic past that she so desperately tried to hide from all these years.

18 long years may have passed, but the connection Will and Charlotte shared as kids still burns strong and Will is determined to convince Charlotte to not only to forgive him and become his friend again but to also prove to her they are meant to be together.

Will is a real country man, hardworking, humble and content with the small things in life. If the vision of him on the cover isn't enough to get you hand fanning your face than his witty country charm sure will.

Charlotte is one of those heroines you yell at whilst reading. She's so damn stubborn and proud at times you can't help but get annoyed with her, and that's exactly what makes this book so great. The characters feel so real, so raw, so human. We see Charlotte grow emotionally as she learns to let her walls down slowly and let people get close to her.

This is a story about love and loss. Friendship and forgiveness, healing and guilt but most importantly it's about learning to let go of the past and giving yourself permission to find joy and love in your life after so much pain.

I read this book in the one sitting, it’s a page turner, tear jerker, nail biter, slow burn friends to lover’s romance. the characters are very well developed, and the storyline flowed smoothly. It will have you laughing out loud and holding onto your heart.

I give Waiting for You 5 blushing Stars.

This may be Jasmine Stevens debut novel, but she writes like a well-seasoned author, captivating her audience with her lovable characters and memorable moments, I LOVED this book and look forward to more from this author.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review

description

PRE ORDER YOUR COPY NOW
Waiting for You is releasing February 5th! #Preorder today on #KindleUnlimited
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2FbjtKh
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2LZCyAN
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2C2ur1v
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2VxnZbK
Add to GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Liked my review? Follow my Blog or join me on Facebook for more reviews, Giveaways, Freebies and new release updates
Facebook
Website/blog
Twitter
Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting for You.

December 27, 2018 – Shelved