Christina McDonald's Reviews > Before She Was Found

Before She Was Found by Heather Gudenkauf

bookshelves: domestic, edge-of-seat-suspense, well-written-characters

Heather Gudenkauf is one of the most reliably excellent authors I've ever read, so I was delighted to read an early copy of Before She Was Found. The story is about three pre-teen girls who sneak out to the train tracks during a sleepover. One of them ends up almost dead.

Told through numerous journal entries, text messages and therapists notes, as well as the parents and girls themselves, we unravel the story of what happened to Cora, the girl who ended up near death, as well as who tried to kill her. There was literally no point where I guessed the truth. I just didn't know who was telling the truth and who was lying.

A cleverly crafted, beautifully told tale full of twists and turns, Before She Was Found explores friendship, betrayal, family, and how far parents will go to protect their children. It takes a very close look at the dangers of social media and how vulnerable adolescents are to their peers and social pressures. I found it highly relevant in the age of Slenderman.

I loved this book and highly recommend it to any fans of domestic suspense or thriller novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before She Was Found.

December 27, 2018 – Shelved
December 27, 2018 – Shelved as: domestic
December 27, 2018 – Shelved as: edge-of-seat-suspense
December 27, 2018 – Shelved as: well-written-characters
Started Reading
December 28, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Felicia Great review, Christina 💖 I just read this one last night and loved it, too.

message 2: by sue (new)

sue Fabulous review!

Christina McDonald Felicia wrote: "Great review, Christina 💖 I just read this one last night and loved it, too."Thanks, Felicia! I just finished it last night, too! :)

Christina McDonald sue wrote: "Fabulous review!" Thanks, Sue! I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

Jayme I’ve been waiting for a review or two on this one! Sounds like a “must add” to the never ending TBR pile! 📚Excellent review!

Christina McDonald Jayme wrote: "I’ve been waiting for a review or two on this one! Sounds like a “must add” to the never ending TBR pile! 📚Excellent review!" I highly recommend it! Let me know what you think! :)

DeAnn Wonderful review Christina. I enjoy this author too and this one sounds terrific! On my radar now for sure. Happy new year!

Christina McDonald DeAnn wrote: "Wonderful review Christina. I enjoy this author too and this one sounds terrific! On my radar now for sure. Happy new year!" Happy New Year, DeAnn! Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

DeAnn Christina wrote: "DeAnn wrote: "Wonderful review Christina. I enjoy this author too and this one sounds terrific! On my radar now for sure. Happy new year!" Happy New Year, DeAnn! Hope you had a lovely Christmas!"

Sorry, just saw this. I did have a lovely Christmas :) Just finished this book, strong 4 stars for me. She's a terrific writer!

Christina McDonald DeAnn wrote: "Christina wrote: "DeAnn wrote: "Wonderful review Christina. I enjoy this author too and this one sounds terrific! On my radar now for sure. Happy new year!" Happy New Year, DeAnn! Hope you had a lo..." So glad you enjoyed it, DeAnn! :)
Christina