Kanani's Reviews > The Palace of Impossible Dreams

The Palace of Impossible Dreams by Jennifer Fallon

Jan 18, 2012

did not like it
Read from February 02 to 14, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This series is terrible! I was sucked in for the first two books by reviews that lauded the merits of the series, only to be disappointed each time. By that point, I felt I had already spent enough time in the story to warrant finishing it, and so here I find myself at the end of book 3. I purchased the first 3 as ebooks, but decided I would not spend another dime on the Tide Lords and borrowed The Chaos Crystal from my public library instead.

My beef with The Palace of Impossible Dreams is the same as the other two books: no real conflict and flimsy characters. I don't care, for example, for either Declan or Cayal and wonder what the attraction is for Arkady. She suddenly realizes in this book that she has loved Declan since they were children, but the development of the plot doesn't actually support this. That is to say that at no point in time before this revelation did I ever believe she was interested at all in Declan.

The only character I still have some esteem for is Warlock. And maybe Stellan.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Palace of Impossible Dreams.

02/11/2012