Darcy's Reviews > Sweet Spot

Sweet Spot by Susan Mallery

Jan 18, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, audio-book, listened-to-at-work, romance

This book made me like Nicole better, made me understand why she is the way she is. There was still drama with Jessie, who still irritated me because she won't accept any responsibility for her part in everything. We do find out that things weren't as they seemed with the ex, but it doesn't absolve her of her actions.

I think it is funny how Nicole thinks she is so tough, but she is really a marshmallow. I knew she would cave in and let Raoul go. I just didn't expect things to go the way they did with the kid, but I should have. The path that they both took was what both of them needed.

I am on the fence with Hawk. At first I thought he was so arrogant and wasn't sure how he could walk with his inflated head and ego. But as time went on I started to like him, he was fun and Nicole needed fun in her life. But towards the end he was all the things that Nicole called him on. I couldn't believe that he couldn't see that he was wrong and blamed everything on Nicole.

I am reserving judgement on the ending. I think that Hawk made a good start on forgiveness and understanding. I hope that in the next book we get to see a little bit of these two to see how they are.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Spot.

January 18, 2012 – Started Reading