Emma's Reviews > The White Magic Five and Dime

The White Magic Five and Dime by Steve Hockensmith

U 50x66

I've seen people call this book cozy, but I started reading it on a whim and surprised myself more than most could say when they walk into a local library. Cozy, indeed it is. Something I would spend hours consuming at a window sill. Trying to create my own 'cozy', 'comfy' story. This book brought out the evolution of a character, a person. And this time it wasn't a supposed theory made by scientist but fact. You can read it, you can see and feel it as you sift through all the words and sentences that demand to be seen.

Alanis McLachlan, a woman that started her story empty and unclaimed as to who or what she wanted to be slowly began to discover just that. She wanted love, she wanted to be the good guy. The person that was not the worst she had ever met. Before she arrived in Berdache Arizona she was undiscovered and lived with the identity or tried to stick by the phrase that's mentioned multiple times through out the book. "I'm not her.", "Which is everything I wished I wasn't.". She's vulnerable and sensitive. She's sarcastic and intelligent. And she was a character I fell in love with in the first few chapters.

I one hundred percent recommend this book. It's a great fast read if you don't want to much commitment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The White Magic Five and Dime.

December 27, 2018 – Started Reading