Marisol Pereira's Reviews > Clockwork Princess

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Jan 18, 2012

bookshelves: owned-loved

Im not gonna lie I like jem but

TEAM WILL ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

TESSA CHOOSEE WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

<3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL <3 WILL

<3<3<3 Look at him. The face of a bad angel and eyes like the night sky in hell <3<3<3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Princess.

02/09/2016 marked as: read

Deondra TEAM WILL!!

message 2: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash WILL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

T.J. Go Will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Tess doesn't want him, I will.

Yeji who dsnt love a hot (and sweet) badass like WILL?? Tessa, dont be stupid. :)

T.J. agreed

message 6: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash *SPOILER*
But what is sad about the whole thing is that she didn't have a choice. She would never be able to look at Jem and call off the wedding. I LOOOOVVEE Will and hate Jem for proposing to Tessa. In the end, the book is all messed up because of Jem.

T.J. Yeah. I mean, I feel bad that Jem is dying and all, but seriously, he didn't even really know Tessa. And when Jem took Will's nickname for her and called her Tess, I got mad. I hope this series ends somewhat well though.

message 8: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Ya, it better end with Will and Tessa together. They have sooooooo much in common; whereas she and Jem have almost nothing in common

T.J. Yeah. He likes violin, she likes listening . . . thats about it when it comes to their relationship. He's nice but Will's probably just as nice, if not more. I'm really getting sick of Jem (no pun intended)

*Jem lovers, please try not to find this offensive, i'm just expressing my opinion which everyone is entitled to:)*

message 10: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Ya, it seems as though the only reason why Jem fell in love w/ Tessa is because she is pretty. I couldn't find any other reason. Will has A LOT of book in common with Tessa and they joke with eachother and they are perfect for eachother. I could NOT find a reason why she never said that she loves him when Will asked.

No other book has tortured and made me cry more than this book. Every time he would express his love for her I would be wailing and wailing into my pillow. I don't know why I have the urge to read it all over again.

message 11: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji ah i know right? like seriously, i love jem's sweetness and his gray-ness (which i find oddly interesting).. but no matter how 'cliche' some people think about Will and Tessa ending up together..well..theyre meant to be. you can't mess with that. maaan, it sucks that Jem and Will love each other so much..otherwise Will wouldnt give a crap. damn you Jem. all their timings is soooo screwed up!!

message 12: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash EXACTLY!!!!!!!

message 13: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. I think she does love him, hopefully.

message 14: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Ya, she was probaly too blinded because of her wedding that she didn't tell him.

message 15: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji cant wait till november.. we'll never find out unless the book's out..

i really hope Will and Tess together, but NOT because Jem dies :( then that'll be sooo sad!!

message 16: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. I'm just getting tired of Jem. I want him to find his own Tessa not steal Will's. Even though it was unconsciously done now Will feels like HE'S the one dying.

message 17: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Ya, I don't care anymore if Jem dies...it would be better if Jem dies, actually; so Will can be together with Tessa forever <3

message 18: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. yeah. I mean I wouldn't want Jem to die but if that's the only way to get him out of this scenario . . .

message 19: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash ya, unless somehow he just stops loving Tessa, which is VERY improbable.

message 20: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji very true..no mattter how sad, Will and Tessa's love is worth it. is it just me, or does Jem seem kinda odd..? when he and Tess are together? besides te fact that Will&Tess are totally meant to be, Jem seems to..pushy? over-smiley-happy? idk. hes just not Will. end of story.

message 21: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash maybe that's just him in love...

message 22: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. But he doesn't know anything ABOUT her. All he knows is that she's nothing like Jessamine. Couldn't he just fall in love with another girl? Will DOES however know her. He read the letters, talked about books, read the books she recommended. Jem just likes her, really. Will's the one who gets her and understands her.

message 23: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash ya, I think that its just he saw a pretty face and says whatever comes to mind...Will is amazing and I get that Jem is dying from the drug (and he should), but I don't like how he said that he thinks the love for her is making him stronger...hopefully that's just the drug talking.

message 24: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji definately. also, Tess is the only girl who cares about him and is available (in Jem's eyes). cuz, you know.., Sophie's a maid... heck, even Sophie has a non-Jem. aaand, during Jem and Tess's almost sex scene, was it just me, or could anyone NOT stop thinking about Will?

message 25: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash And how they should be together besides Jem and her. I was always thinking about him the whole book.

message 26: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji ehh its hard to NOT think about Will

message 27: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash And his horrible curse...and how it made it impossible for him and Tess to be together

message 28: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji i know right? i just about killed myself when i read that part... it was worse when i realized that it was all fake..

message 29: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Ya! Same as me!

message 30: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. I expected it to be a false curse right before I read the part. I didn't want it to be. And I thought Sophie had a crush on Jem, until Gabriel's brother came along.And that part with Jem and Tess . . . alone . . . doing stuff . . . I was literally yelling at the book. I really just want Jem gone. He's lost my sympathy. Go find another girl that makes you THINK you feel stronger, Jem!

message 31: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji youre not the only one who went crazy at them doing..stuff. and youre right. Jem's lost my sympathy too

message 32: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Same!!!

message 33: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Thank you. Besides, Jem doesn't really do anything to prove his love for Tessa, except save her life once which was really just a priority at the time. what guy wouldn't save the girl? Will saves her life by literally throwing himself on top of her and nearly dies in the process. He gives his support to her engagement, and so fourth. Jem's got nothing except her sympathy. She doesn't really love him. She just THINKS she does. Wait till she gets to know the real Will.

message 34: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Ya! And it would be sad and very, very heartfelt if Will loves her enough to just want her to be happy(even though we all know he would do that exact thing) and let her and Jem be together while he cries in the corner and no one notices...Anyone feel he would do the exact thing?

message 35: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji definately. he cares for both of them alot. and he already supposrts her descision even if hes heartbroken. dang, i think the sad part is how he was just released from his 'curse' and finally started opening up and being happy...but the engagement has just shut him down once again.

message 36: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. She was so rash in her decision to say yes! It's just like, "hold it and take a breather and take time to COMPREHEND HIS WORDS!" And she doesn't SAY she loves Will but in some pages it mentions her heart is now broken and 'these are the two boys I LOVE,' but I HATE it when she tells Jem that they'll be together. Forever.' Now I really don't want them to find a cure. And wait till the new Will reveals his true self. She'll be pissed for declining Jem's proposal when she could.

message 37: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji ugh i know right? i was like 'okaaay youre 16' and sure youre good buddies with Jem..but really? even after she says her heart was still longing for Will and was heartbroken..yeah. and Tess has such a better connection and understanding of Will, and vice versa.

message 38: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Exactly! She's doing it more for Jem than for herself. It's like, she gets taken to a new home, just figures her brother's evil, he dies, Will tries to push her away,Jem's dying which he figures is the perfect time to PROPOSE? And then his eyes are bright with 'expectancy?' that's so unfair. How could she say no? "Yeah, about that. Look your nice and I'm sorry you're dying and all and you're a good kisser. But I think I'm in love with someone else who may not feel the same way. Oh and he's your best friend and blood brother. Maybe you should ask Jessamine." Yeah, I don't think she could have said that. He totally put her on the spot!

message 39: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash He totally did! But I think he did it because he thinks that Tessa feels the same way about him. It is totally unfair what he did.

message 40: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. I know! He's kind of pushy, and he was like . . . begging her. I swear when Clare wrote how his eyes looked I was thinking about a starving puppy.

message 41: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

message 42: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

message 43: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji NOBODY could say no to a face like that...its like kicking a cute googley eyed puppy, or telling off freakin Bambi. sure, if we were alll like Jessamine, it would be easy. But then, this wouldnt happen, right? Jem should open his eyes..he thinks Tessa is completely happy with it, and even though she likes him, she prefers Will. Its soo obvious. Jem's too naive..and desperate.

message 44: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Well, he's probably desperate because he's DYING and he said how his only wish would be to marry her or whatever... I don't even know why I'm defending him... She better end up with Will !!!!!!!!

message 45: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Yeah. He totally seems desperate. Will is actually trying to protect her by pushing her away. Jem is like, pouncing on her every chance he gets. Nice? Yes. Mature? Very. Eager? ridiculously so. Should back off and never lay eyes on Tessa again because she's taken? Duh! He's so blind! I wish he'd open his eyes a little to what Tessa wants and forget the "I'm dying and I'll never be married" story. Sure it's sad but Will's kinda dying too, watching his blood brother steal his girl!

message 46: by Yeji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeji basically Will's been 'dead' for his past, what, 5 years? it sucks how both Will and Jem are in a bad shape one way or another...and yeah Jem is actually legit dying, but he really should go after someone else..hey maybe he could go after Cecily? cuz i doubt he and Jessamine will get together..

message 47: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Alexandra Willnotjem yeah but will would not take her even if jem died

Lulah I <3 Will..... SOOO MUCH!!

message 49: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. That'd be cool. to say if Jem got together with Cecily and Will with Tessa. After all, I don't really think that Jem is in love with Tessa, I think he is just in love with the idea of being in love.

message 50: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D I love Jem, but.... I LOVE WILL EVEN MORE!!!
GO TEAM WILL!!! ♥