Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews's Reviews > The Lost Girls of Paris

The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff

1882027

With most of the men at war and definitely more obvious than women if left at home, the best people for special war operations were women.

1943 - Eleanor was the woman in charge of the recruiting and placement of the women.

Eleanor knew it was very dangerous for the women to be doing these covert deeds as well as knowing that they are not as strong or physically equipped as men, but the women were definitely less easy to spot or were they? She had to prove to the men in charge that the women she chose were the right ones, and the women could carry out the operations.

1944 - Marie was recruited for one of the dangerous jobs in France since she spoke fluent French.

Marie went through training with Eleanor who was strict and difficult but with Marie knowing she really wasn't. When Marie was sent on her first mission. she was terrified as each woman had been, but the job needed to be completed.

1946 - Grace found a suitcase in Grand Central that had an envelope with photographs of women. This was after the war, and these photographs made Grace curious about who these women were and why that specific suitcase had been abandoned.

Grace needed to find out why the photos were in this abandoned suitcase, who these women in the photos were, and what the connection was to the past and to the war. Grace was also avoiding or was she unconsciously enjoying the company and attention of her dead husband's best friend, Mark.

We follow the lives of these three women in alternating time periods as Pam Jenoff does her magic of detailing and informing us about their private lives, their roles in history, and the situations they were in and had been involved in.

Historical fiction fans as well as women's fiction fans will devour this marvelous book.

THE LOST GIRLS OF PARIS is another beautiful, well-researched Pam Jenoff creation.

DO NOT miss reading this book. 5/5

This book was given to me via NetGalley by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Girls of Paris.

September 4, 2018 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
September 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
December 26, 2018 – Started Reading
December 26, 2018 – Shelved
December 28, 2018 –
December 31, 2018 –
December 31, 2018 –
January 1, 2019 –
January 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Dorie  - Traveling Sister :) glad to see your 5 stars, started this one today :)

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews Dorie - Traveling Sister :) wrote: "glad to see your 5 stars, started this one today :)"

ENJOY!!

Fabulous story line and content!!

Thanks for commenting.

Marialyce I am so impressed by this author's credentials. I am very glad you so enjoyed this story, Elizabeth. Terrific review!

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews Marialyce wrote: "I am so impressed by this author's credentials. I am very glad you so enjoyed this story, Elizabeth. Terrific review!"

Thank you, Marialyce.

Pam is a marvelous person.

Thanks for commenting.

message 5: by Stacey Alstrom (new)

Stacey Alstrom Yeet them feet