Jessica Sinn (Books and Trouble)'s Reviews > Manhattans & Murder

Manhattans & Murder by Jessica Fletcher

I’ve read a lot of fabulous Murder She Wrote books but this one might just be the best! Once again, the perennially classy JB Fetcher is the first to witness a multitude of murder scenes during her glamorous book tour in Manhattan. What a glamourous life she leads! We're talking interviews with the New York Times and one-on-ones with Oprah and Donahue. In between press conferences and book signing events, she was pulling off some cloak-and-dagger stunts in the bellows of New York's seediest neighborhoods as she pursued her mission to solve the mystery of the gunned-down sidewalk Santa. And this wasn't just some random stranger peddling for loose change on the busy New York streets. Oh no--he was, in fact, one of Cabot Cove's most infamous residents who fled the town in disgrace after an ill-fated drug-smuggling operation. And just by some stroke of luck, JB happened to be taking random tourist photos right when the murder went down. I mean, what are the odds? If I didn't love her so much, I'd tell people to avoid her like the 2017 flu because she's essentially the harbinger of death. Either way, I got a kick out of this book--especially the part when the media dubbed her as the “Madame of Mayhem.” Even in the age of fake news, it's impossible to deny the truth to that story. Summed up, this is one of the best Christmas cozies I’ve read in a while, mainly because JB is such a delight and that there’s so much action packed into this fun adventure—from death-defying plane rides to corner store holdups!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Manhattans & Murder.

Finished Reading