Miranda Reads's Reviews > Broken Throne

Broken Throne by Victoria Aveyard

bookshelves: to-read

Return once more to the deadly and dazzling world...
The audacity of this tomf*ckery...
This stunning collection is not to be missed!
Whelp, guess I'm in

description

P.s. can we all take a collective giggle that 2/5 of this "stunning collection" already out?! And if those are any indication of the quality we can expect...it's probably best to set those expectations lowwwwww.

In Addition, may I voice my disgust that the sweet ombré effect (which originally drew me to these novels) has been completely ruined? Absolute travesty.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Throne.

December 25, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)

message 1: by CJ (new)

CJ I can't bring myself to read these... for so many reasons.

Angela's Booked I didn’t even realize Cruel Crown in its entirety is going to be in this book. Wow...I’m almost mad but I guess I can’t expect anything good from one of the worst series I’ve ever read so...🤷🏻‍♀️ lol

message 3: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads CJ wrote: "I can't bring myself to read these... for so many reasons."

Don't worry, I'll read it so you don't have to

message 4: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Angela's Booked wrote: "I didn’t even realize Cruel Crown in its entirety is going to be in this book. Wow...I’m almost mad but I guess I can’t expect anything good from one of the worst series I’ve ever read so...🤷🏻‍♀️ lol"

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... what about Gena?

And i know, right? Only three stories are new AND it's from completely new perspectives? After book 4, is there anyone in the entire Red World who hasn't had their perspective told?

*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~* Holy shit, man!! What is this bullfuckery and what more could this author POSSIBLY have to say?!? She needs to STOP milking this poor cow because plot twist, the cow is a horse and with all the beating it's endured, it's been dead for a while now >:-o!!! DNF right outta the gate!!! To be frank, this author - no matter what she writes - will automatically get a DNF from me; I dislike her writing THAT much!!!

NO criticism to anyone who enjoys her writing; different strokes for different folks, to each their own, and all that jazz!! It's ALL good!!

Andrea Excellent review! I don't think it's possible to set the bar that low!

message 7: by Tras (new)

Tras Coincidentally, "The audacity of this tomf*ckery" is the title of my autobiography :D

𝒱𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝒾𝒶 I couldn’t finish the series, it just kept getting worse and worse for me, but I feel like despite that to purely satisfy my curiosity, I might read this anyway after I force myself to finish the last two books.

message 9: by Fun_Buns (new)

Fun_Buns hi Victoria how are you doing??

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily Hi read this book it's good

Angela's Booked Haha oh no Gena IS the worst I’ve ever read but Victoria is definitely up there. (Only Gena can top herself lol).

I can’t believe it’s going to be new perspectives because even in the series there’s only one-Mare. We’ve got Mare Mare, Guy Mare, Pregnant Mare, Evil Mare...I mean the list goes on and on so what other Mares are there?! 😂

message 12: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads *~*~*Hyperion & Interabang*~*~* wrote: "Holy shit, man!! What is this bullfuckery and what more could this author POSSIBLY have to say?!? She needs to STOP milking this poor cow because plot twist, the cow is a horse and with all the bea..."

I think the author wants more $$$ :p

message 13: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Andrea wrote: "Excellent review! I don't think it's possible to set the bar that low!

Even though the whole series was terrible I still feel compelled to read this. I know I'm at least guaranteed a lot of laughs."

Samesies!

message 14: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Tras wrote: "Coincidentally, "The audacity of this tomf*ckery" is the title of my autobiography :D"

I will be expecting a royalty check for that title then :p

message 15: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Victoria wrote: "I couldn’t finish the series, it just kept getting worse and worse for me, but I feel like despite that to purely satisfy my curiosity, I might read this anyway after I force myself to finish the l..."

I know, right? I've already lost so much time to this series.... I'm just simply compelled to continue

message 16: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Emily wrote: "Hi read this book it's good"

I'll definitely be reading it... whether it is good.... hmm

message 17: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Angela's Booked wrote: "Haha oh no Gena IS the worst I’ve ever read but Victoria is definitely up there. (Only Gena can top herself lol).

Who knows? I honestly can't see who else could possibly get a perspective too! I think in that last book, everyone and their mother got their own perspective. Sighhhhh.

message 18: by Tras (new)

Tras Miranda wrote: "I will be expecting a royalty check for that title then :p"

Cheque's in the post ;)

message 19: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Tras wrote: "Cheque's in the post ;)"

Lol - you are too much.

*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~* Miranda wrote: "*~*~*Hyperion & Interabang*~*~* wrote: "Holy shit, man!! What is this bullfuckery and what more could this author POSSIBLY have to say?!? She needs to STOP milking this poor cow because plot twist,..."

That much is very obvious!! It's never coming from ME again, that's for sure!!!

message 21: by Misty (new)

Misty Ouch! Sounds dreadful! Thanks for the warning!

message 22: by Elena (new)

Elena i hear this series is literal trash and i've only read the first book but i forgot everything that happened. the thing that doesn't stop me from wanting to read them are actually the covers.

message 23: by Gabi (new) - added it

Gabi Because OF COURSE there's another one. How was I surprised by this. I feel like she needs to remove the "epic conclusion" from War Storm now. I know this is just an extra but it kind of ruins the "finale" feeling of the last book when you publish an extra not even a year afterwards.

But your reviews for this series are the best XD I kind of feel obligated to read the books because I like the reviews so much.

Kerri (Book Hoarder) It's such a pity, I remember being so excited back when the first book was due to come out and then it was just really disappointing. Not surprising the rest of the series turned out the same, I suppose!

message 25: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Misty wrote: "Ouch! Sounds dreadful! Thanks for the warning!"

You're welcome! :p

message 26: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Maggie wrote: "i hear this series is literal trash and i've only read the first book but i forgot everything that happened. the thing that doesn't stop me from wanting to read them are actually the covers."

They definitely have fabulous covers. That's how they lure you in!

Andrea Maggie wrote: "i hear this series is literal trash and i've only read the first book but i forgot everything that happened. the thing that doesn't stop me from wanting to read them are actually the covers."

The book cover is the trap! Just a way to make you think this series is awesome, when it's really just a rip off of every YA novel out there...and a poor one at that! :)

message 28: by Chrissie (new) - added it

Chrissie Ugh, wait! What is this crap? Why? How is it still happening?!

message 29: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Chrissie wrote: "Ugh, wait! What is this crap? Why? How is it still happening?!"

Money. Lots and lots of money

message 30: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Tessa wrote: "So glad I wasn’t fooled by the covers and didn’t spend my money on this series🤦‍♀️ I think aveyard’s only publishing this to make money while writing her next ya series."

Honestly, yes. I can't really see why she'd do it for any other reason

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω I STILL haven't managed to make myself pick up War Storm. You're a brave masochist if you manage to wade through this one 😉 lol

message 32: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω wrote: "I STILL haven't managed to make myself pick up War Storm. You're a brave masochist if you manage to wade through this one 😉 lol"
LOL i think that's it :p

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω Hehehehe, well good luck with this endeavor xD Can't wait to see what you think. I'm sure it'll be priceless :P

message 34: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω wrote: "Hehehehe, well good luck with this endeavor xD Can't wait to see what you think. I'm sure it'll be priceless :P"

Lol. It should be an interesting adventure :p

message 35: by Oli (new) - added it

Oli This book is going to be amazing! All of you haters are just trolls. I loved all of these books and I can't wait to read this one!

message 36: by Oli (new) - added it

Oli Miranda Reads, you clearly have time on your hands, maybe you should put that energy into writing a real book instead of hating on the hard work of other people.

message 37: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Oli wrote: "This book is going to be amazing! All of you haters are just trolls. I loved all of these books and I can't wait to read this one!"

Mmm...I'm glad you enjoyed the books! They just weren't from me...hence my extra-snarky "review" so far. Still going to give the book a shot, though if I wasn't a fan of the previous five books from her...I don't have much hope!

Oli wrote: "Miranda Reads, you clearly have time on your hands, maybe you should put that energy into writing a real book instead of hating on the hard work of other people."

If I wanted to write a book, I would...but honestly, I'd rather just read them and use that time to write reviews :)

Obesehomingpigeon The only thing this series had going for it was Maven and he's dead.

message 39: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Obesehomingpigeon wrote: "The only thing this series had going for it was Maven and he's dead."

lol. He was the only vaguely interesting character...talk about a disappointing end.

Obesehomingpigeon Plus that weird personality change in the last book lol

message 41: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Obesehomingpigeon wrote: "Plus that weird personality change in the last book lol"

Personality change, character development - it's all the same in Aveyard's eyes :P

Obesehomingpigeon Lol as long as Mare "looks good"

message 43: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Obesehomingpigeon wrote: "Lol as long as Mare "looks good""

Oh Mare and her conveniently stylish hair. She may be in the boondocks but she'll always find time to dye her naturally ombre hair a vivid purple. Sighhhhh.

message 44: by Tb35 (new) - added it

Tb35 Well it’s out now you have the book yet

message 45: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Tb35 wrote: "Well it’s out now you have the book yet"

Waiting on my library to pick it up. Judging from how much i didn't like the other ones by Aveyard...i think it's best if i rent this one :p

message 46: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Petrey I pre ordered this and it came today and I can’t wait to devour this awesome series 💜

message 47: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Samantha wrote: "I pre ordered this and it came today and I can’t wait to devour this awesome series 💜"

Good luck!!

Obesehomingpigeon I saw it in the bookstore today, I had twenty dollars in my pocket, and had a crisis lf whether to buy it or not. After about thirty minutes of staring at a bookshelf, I picked up Finale by Stephanie Garber and walked away.

10/10 would do again.

message 49: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Reads Obesehomingpigeon wrote: "I saw it in the bookstore today, I had twenty dollars in my pocket, and had a crisis lf whether to buy it or not. After about thirty minutes of staring at a bookshelf, I picked up Finale by Stephan..."

Lol. Best choice ever

message 50: by Jake (new) - added it

Jake I for one really enjoyed this entire series. I'm currently reading Broken Throne and it's actually good getting different perspectives. I'm enjoying it. There's basically stuff here for fans of the books so I can't imagine why all you talking trash about the series would bother reading it. It has new maps and stories or journal entries from characters to give a deeper perspective on the series. For fans of the series lol get over yourselves already

« previous 1