Jessica's Reviews > Whispers at Moonrise

Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter

Jan 18, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, books-i-own
Read from August 16 to 19, 2012

C.C. hunter is such an outstanding author and She just keeps getting better and better!!!!

This book was sooo beyond good!!! It's by far my favorite of the series! Seriously, it's been about a day now since I finished it and I still can't get over how good it was!! I can't stop thinking about all that happens in it!!!

I cannot believe where she too the book! While I have been waiting for this book to come out I've thought up about a million scenarios that might happen in this book. And I don't think a single one of those happened. But, I wasn't disipointed in any way, becuase of course, C.C's were ten times better!!!

You get so many answeres, but I still feel really bad for Kylie. Because even thought you get some answeres, those answeres lead to more questions (and not all those questions get answers, you've been warned).

You get to see a whole other side to some of the character's that you never in a million years thoguht you would ever see. And you also get to learn about some of the character's pasts. Which I've gotta say was a nice surprise. I mean I new we were going to learn about a certain red-headed camp leader's past eventually but I didn't know if it would be this book or the last book. And I've just gotta say. I love Holiday even more now!!!!

Kylie was just so full of AWESOME in this book! Well, she's always been pretty awesome, but she so far beyond 'that' kind of awesome. Her powers are just so cool! And I think what I love about her the most is that she doesn't want them. To me that's a sign of a true Protecto. Someone who wont abuse the powers that she has been given. She will only use them when she absolutely has no choice.

Now you might have noticed that I haven't mentioned the love triangle. Yeah, theres a reason for that. I've pretty much made my opinion clear on who I want Kylie to choose, so I therefor cannot talk about it without giving things away!

But I can talk about the other characters. Miranda is still totally in love, Della still her bright shinny self, Perry's still Perry, Burnett is still kick-butt and hot as ever. And all the new character's keeps you guessing until the very end.

Even though you get closure at the end of this book, it still leaves you wanting the next book! I'm a little scared for the next book though, because that means that this series will be coming to a close, and I just want to to keep going. I wish it never had to end! But the want to get all the questions answered is too strong. I want the book now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispers at Moonrise.

Quotes Jessica Liked

C.C. Hunter
“Kylie bit down on her lip. Burnett took a step forward. He squared his shoulders, empathy filling his eyes. He took a deep, apparent heartfelt breath and looked at Kylie. She nodded at him as if giving him the lead. He looked back at Holiday and, in a deep voice, said, "Kylie has something to tell you."

Kylie's mouth fell open and right then she knew it was official. Men sucked at verbal communication especially where anything emotional was concerned.”

C.C. Hunter
“You couldn't always control life, just your response to it.”

C.C. Hunter
“John rose to his feet and apologized to Holiday.

Her mom seethed.

Her dad tried to talk to her seething mom.

Holiday tried to touch everyone.

Burnett continued to glare green daggers at John, proving how hard it was for a vampire to accept an apology. Not that she blamed him. Kill him. Kill him. She cheered the vampire on.

Lucas hadn't stopped scowling at Derek and Derek hadn't stopped ignoring Lucas.”

C.C. Hunter
“Could she learn to like this guy?
"“It's nice to meet you." Kylie plastered a warm expression on her face. But she worried he could tell it was a sham.
"The pleasure is all mine," he said.
Kylie just smiled. He was completely right about that.”

C.C. Hunter
“I've dug so deep into his background, I can practically tell you when he stopped waring diapers.”

C.C. Hunter
“The stupid vamp just asked me to marry him. Here, now? As if looking like I just died is how I wanted to be proposed to."
Joy did a lap around Kylie's heart. "And you said?"
Holiday took a sip of water. "I asked him if we couldn't just live together in sin."
"And?"
"He told me it wouldn't be a good example to our students. So...I agreed to marry him." She pushed a hand against her forehead. "Dear God, what am I getting myself into?”

C.C. Hunter
“There are a few people who are able to know of their death and use the time wisely. But when you start planning for the end, most people instinctually stop living for tomorrow. Living for the day is beautiful-too many of us don't do it enough-but to live fully, we must live for today and tomorrow. Think about it, if you knew you were going to die in six months, would you start a project you knew that you couldn't finish? Would you go to school to learn to be a doctor? Would you have a child, knowing you would leave it alone too soon? People miss out on so muchif they stop living for tomorrow." - Holiday Brandon”

C.C. Hunter
“just remember sweetie, sometimes we can;t change what happens, but we can change how we let those things affect us.”

C.C. Hunter
“Every new day was about opportunities. You couldn't always control life, just your response to it.”

08/16/2012 page 42
10.97% "I already love it!!! And there's already so many questions!!!!"
08/17/2012 page 153
39.95% "Can this book get any better?!" 10 comments

Cole I want to read this!

Jessica Oh my gosh you need too!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it!!!!! It's by far and away my favorite book of the series!!!! It's so crazy good!!!

Cole Okay, I will get as soon as I can!

Jessica Yay! I hope you like it as much as I did!

Cole Probably!