Fanna's Reviews > Rabbit & Robot

Rabbit & Robot by Andrew  Smith

72205668
How I wish the ending was different. But it still gets five stars because the story was genuinely amazing and thought-provoking while hilariously entertaining the readers.

Rabbit and Robot is a science-fiction involving the last humans on Earth as they aboard a space cruise that is loaded with all sorts of human-looking robots, called cogs, who definitely don't smell like humans. The story is filled with unwanted and untimely erections, sudden gravity-loss, and cogs eating cogs. If that doesn't sound interesting to you in the weirdest way possible, I don't know what would. Although, it's not simply hilarious but also fires at a number of societal and humane traits that would make you laugh at the absurdity while you want to cry at the realism.

I would recommend this to any and everyone looking for a read that will make you laugh out loud at the relatable references while also shitting your pants thinking about the possibility of a future where cogs actually represent the extreme nature of all sorts of personalities and where you're the last humans among them.

Blog/Website | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | Pinterest
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rabbit & Robot.

December 25, 2018 – Started Reading
December 25, 2018 – Shelved
December 26, 2018 –
9.0% "[It seemed like every boy in America...knew the precise make, caliber and specs of eveey gun in existence, even if none of our boys could accurately point out more than two or three countries on a map of the world.]"
December 26, 2018 –
16.0% "This is s such a weird story, buy I'm interested!"
December 26, 2018 –
23.0% "[So there I was, alone in an elevator with a teenage-model male cog (robot) who just confessed to me that he had an erection. And I had been entirely used to not looking st Parker (the cog), to doing the universal elevator dance, where you stand perfectly still and just stare straight ahead at the crack in the door and wonder why time slows down so much when you're inside elevators.]

This book is something else!"
December 26, 2018 –
30.0% "This is a hilariously weird story but there are hidden societal references and what more do I want??! Loving this!"
December 27, 2018 –
39.0% "[This was it. This was it. There simply was nobody else. Not anywhere in the universe.]

And my biggest nightmare has made it to the story."
December 30, 2018 –
45.0% "[Cogs eating cogs.]"
January 1, 2019 – Shelved as: read-on-rivetedlit
January 1, 2019 – Shelved as: hauled-in-2018
January 1, 2019 – Shelved as: own-a-digital-copy
January 1, 2019 – Shelved as: beat-the-backlist-2019
January 1, 2019 – Shelved as: january-2019-tbr
January 1, 2019 –
51.0% "[Maybe there was some comfort, some beauty, in being a cog, where the infinite was feasible.]"
January 3, 2019 –
January 4, 2019 –
60.0% "[...we needed these girls to be real more than we needed anything else in the universe at that moment.]"
January 5, 2019 –
80.0% "This book is amazing."
January 5, 2019 – Finished Reading