Andi's Reviews > Summer of Promise

Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot

Jan 17, 2012

Abigail is quite happy in Vermont, yet letters from her sister Charlotte draw her to go and see her in Fort Laramie, Wyoming. While she is on the stage-coach she is talked nearly to death by a widow who won't be quiet. On the stage-coach is a Lt. Bowles returning from leave. Abigail is not thrilled with the Wyoming countryside. To her it is boring! That changes pretty quick when the stage-coach is attacked and Lt. Bowles saves the day. When Abigail arrives she finds that her sister is pregnant and her brother in law, Jeffery is not as interested in his wife as he was when they married. Jeffery is not all that happy that his sister in law has arrived in town either. Abigail is determined to bring fun back to her sister's life and see her happy once again, after that she will return to Vermont, her teaching position, and the man she intends on marrying. Or will she?
This is the first book I've read of Amanda Cabot, and I loved it! It will not be my last! I highly recommend it and am looking forward to the next one in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer of Promise.