Lola 's Reviews > What If It's Us

What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli

it was ok
bookshelves: 2018-publications, lgbt

I like reading romances and being like, "OMG, I want a beautiful love story like this one. Please universe, make it happen for me." But, er, I don't think I want what Ben & Arthur have. Honestly, I can barely call what they have a love story. Very disappointed gal here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What If It's Us.

December 24, 2018 – Started Reading
December 24, 2018 – Shelved
December 24, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Laura I felt the same! Felt very stiff and hard to differentiate between Ben and Authur's POV.

KristynRene The Hype Queen of Books SO GLAD someone else hated this like I did.

Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books) Yeah, I was disappointed at this one too 😢

Bubbles I agree. I felt like Ben and Arthur didn’t really know each other that much, and also the romance happened too fast to really be meaningful. I was so excited for this one!

Lola Exactly! They felt pressured to get close quickly and that's not how it ever has to be,,, and then one of them even found it pointless to become an item since they might not last. Ugh.

Mehuli Exactly! The book has so many plot holes too! Ethan not texting Arthur back after he came out but at the end he doesn't even give an actual explanation for doing that! And then at the end, everyone is a pair and everyone is suddenly friends with each other! I was expecting so much from this book but I am so disappointed.