Sally's Reviews > Echoes of Time

Echoes of Time by Calia Read

bookshelves: favorite, romance, time-travel

Echoes of Time is the 3rd book in the Surviving Time series. This is not a standalone book. This is an amazing series that you will want to read and immerse yourself in from book 1 to book 2 to book 3. When you're done, you will find that you never want to leave Belgrave or Étienne and Serene. But now it's over for me and I don't know what to do because I already miss Étienne and Serene! I want more and now! I know I sound like Veruca Salt, but I don't care. I'm greedy and I know it. Oh, how I love these two characters and the story Calia weaves for them and us.

I loved seeing Étienne experience Serene's world. He could understand how she felt and empathize and Serene could empathize with him as she already knew what it was like. Étienne was so adorable as he was exploring and learning new things. I love how Étienne and Serene work together to try and figure things out. The two of them would both do anything to be with the other and all you can do is swoon and hope that everything will work out for these two. They are so opposite and yet so similar. Étienne and Serene are entertaining and enjoyable to read about because they feel so real.

"I'll never find a better sparring partner than this man. I'll never find another person who drives me crazy one second and then warms my heart the next."

Calia's writing is beautiful. You feel like you are transported to whatever setting she is writing about. Everything almost feels like a fairytale come to life. Having an author be able to transport the reader and make them feel all the emotions of the characters is magical. It truly felt like I was right there with them, which is a reader's dream. Another thing I love about this series is how attached you are to the secondary characters. They are not there just to be there. They are part of the overall storyline and they are needed and important and you care about them just like you do Étienne and Serene.

This series is breathtaking. You have everything you could possibly want in a romantic series. There's love, angst, happiness, sorrow, suspense and so much more. This series is a journey unlike any other. I know that I am not saying much about the overall story, but I believe that you need to jump into these books and read them without knowing anything. Let Étienne and Serene's story unfold organically as you're reading and you will find that you are immersed in their adventures without even realizing it. As you're reading, you will be trying to slow yourself down because you can't help but turn the pages quickly to see what happens to them next. This is a series that will stay with you long after you finish. I can't recommend these books enough. The Surviving Time series is an absolute favorite for me and I will definitely read them again because they're just that incredible.

If you love romance and time travel and want to get lost in a fantastic series then get these 3 books NOW! You will not be disappointed. I'm beyond excited that Calia is continuing on with other characters from this series. I can't wait to read more about my favorite place.

"Surviving trace. Our love holds time together."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Echoes of Time.

December 24, 2018 – Shelved