Sam's Reviews > Tempest Unleashed

Jan 17, 2012

bookshelves: owned-books, books-i-want-to-reread
Read from March 14 to 16, 2012

Review:
Tracy Deebs has done it again. Everything about this book was amazing. It kept me reading and wanting more. I stayed up until 2 in the morning finishing this book just so I could see what Tempest ending up doing.

Cover:
I like the cover, it looks like the cover for Tempest Rising. Except this one was a little less focused and clear. It could just be that the image isn't in high res, or something like that, but it makes it look like they didn't care that much about the cover.

Plot/Writing:
The story was really well written. You could tell that she took her time and tried to plan everything out just right. She timed her reveals and plot twists at just the right time. So when your in high suspense, everything fell into place right when you needed it too. The story flowed from one page to the next, and it all came together in an ending that left me wanting more. Even though it wasn't a cliff hanger, it just seemed like it was.

Characters:
Tempest hasn't changed at all. Well, yeah she hasn't changed. She is still the crazy, irrational girl we all fell in love with at the beginning. She is ruled by her emotions, and that seems to make her more powerful. She cares deeply about everything, and will do anything for the ones she loves. Even swimming halfway across the ocean and risking major injury on a whim and a feeling.

The guys, how could I forget the guys! First, lets do Kona. He is the hunky Selkie Prince that every time Tempest kisses him she sees fireworks. Which I don't think is a bad thing. He loves Tempest and would do anything for her. He even follows her back to her home, and races across out of a very important meeting with his father when he hears that she is injured.
And then there's Mark. Frankly, I like Mark much better. He is the type of guy any girl wants. Sexy, sweet, and caring. He would do anything for Tempest, even if he is human, and he doesn't know that she's a mermaid. He is the best friend type. That one person that everything comes naturally with, there's no fakeness and no trouble being around that one person. TEAM MARK ALL THE WAY! :)

All in All:
I LOVED THIS BOOK. Was that too much? Oops, but its true. I can't wait to hear news about the next book. Tracy Deebs, I will be stalking your blog until I hear something about the next Tempest book! :) 5 out of 5 tacos!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest Unleashed.

03/14/2012 page 15
03/15/2012 page 352
100.0% "Oh. my. gosh. that was an amazing book..."
09/29/2016 marked as: read