Lisa's Reviews > The First to Know

The First to Know by Abigail  Johnson

bookshelves: 2019, young-adult

I heard about this book from the chapter a day book mail, months ago.
Be careful what you wish for.

Dana thought getting a DNA test done for her dad, who grew up in foster homes, was a nice thing.
Little did she know that a huge can of worms would be opened big time. From finding out who the 50 percent match was, talking to them..............keeping it from her family, what a ride this book was.

We all want the fairy tale, find a missing family member, meet and hug and presto instant loving connection.
Does this happen in the book?

Not going to reveal it.

Who is the mystery person?

not going to reveal it.

I did like the tight bond between Dana and her sister and parents, it was a strong point for the book.

Loved the softball aspect too even though some of it was difficult for them.

I really enjoyed the characters, each was true to themselves and it kept me guessing in a lot of places.

A good solid book.

back cover

Dana Fields's father never knew his parents. When Dana secretly does a DNA test for her dad, hoping to find him some distant relatives for his birthday, her entire world implodes. Instead of a few third cousins, Dana discovers a half brother her age whose very existence means her parents' happy marriage is a lie.

Dana's desire to know her half brother, Brandon, and the extent of her dad's deception, clashes with her wish not to destroy her family. When she sees the opportunity to get to know Brandon through his cousin, the intense yet kind Chase, she takes it. But the more she finds out about Brandon, her father's past and the irresistible guy who'll never forgive her if he discovers the truth, the more she sees the inevitable fallout from her own lies. With her family crumbling around her, Dana must own up to her actions and find a way to heal the breach—for everyone—before they're torn apart for good.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First to Know.

December 23, 2018 – Shelved