Katherine's Reviews > 'In the Beginning...' A Catholic Understanding of the Story of Creation and the Fall

'In the Beginning...' A Catholic Understanding of the Story o... by Pope Benedict XVI

F 50x66
Jan 17, 2012

Read from January 17 to February 15, 2012

These four homilies gave me a whole new respect for the current pope, so that I can comprehend why he might have been chosen from among many other highly learned and spiritual individuals to be the leader of the Church following the death of John Paul II. From page 1, his speech is deeply poetic, fluent, even lyrical. Yet he also shows a strong grasp of science, including metaphysics, and a deep understanding of the glory and sorrow of being human. Best of all, his explanation of Creation, faith, and resurrection were very satisfying to me -- an educated, science-minded, modern person who just wanted a compelling reason to believe what I've been told for so many years. Definitely a quick read that I'll recommend to other Catholics as well as the intellectually curious.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 'In the Beginning...' A Catholic Understanding of the Story of Creation and the Fall.

02/15/2012